I previously posted that my husband and I spent the better part of last weekend rearranging bedroom furniture. We had benches at the end of the beds previously but they did not work for the new arrangement. I decided to recover one to match my wing chair more closely and the other I relocated to the living room to go with a chair in there.
I visited two stores looking for fabric. I decided on an aqua-grey taffeta for the living room ottoman. It was on sale. I always try to find bargains. The chair in the bedroom was recovered by a decorator about a year ago in a rust-colored corduroy chenille. I could not find anything to closely match it but thought perhaps that my decorator friend might still have some of the fabric. When I spoke to her, I was surprised to learn that she was getting rid of some old inventory the same day that I phoned. She still had some of the fabric but was about to get rid of it. I was so glad that I caught her when I did and was prompted to give her a call. Here are some of the finished results. I am happy how they turned out.